Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

While leafing through one of my mags I came across an ad for Manolo Blahnik shoes and several ads of models wearing designer clothes when an idea for a collage formed,,grew and wouldn't let go until I finished.  Years ago a movie was made starring 2 very young ladies, Helen Hunt and Sarah Jessica Parker called Girls Just Want To Have Fun.  Loved the movie and loved the song.  I started clipping ideas and putting them in my collage pile.   This was my first collage so I wasn't sure what I was doing but arranged, rearranged, painted, used oil pastels, etc until I was happy with the end results.  I was fortunate to find a pic of SJP but ended covering it up but, I know it's there.  Let me know what you think.


Signed up for the art journal e-class In the Sun....Looking forward to it.
janie

No comments:

Post a Comment