Thursday, July 14, 2011

My gentle giant


Louie, my gentle giant is dying.  He was as big as our dog, weighed 20 lbs or more but was the most gentlest of creatures.  I fostered his mother and 5 brothers for the humane society 11 years ago.  I knew he was going to be big by the size of his front paws so we adopted him.  His paw filled the palm of my hand but he never intimidated the other animals.  He accepted all of them, never hissing, growling, etc to any of the other rescues.   Now my gentle giant is leaving me and it breaks my heart.  His left lung stopped working, the right lung can't keep up and his heart is giving out and no one knows why.  Waiting for the vet to open so we can make the appointment to end his suffering.  May he go as gentle as he has lived his life.

janie

No comments:

Post a Comment