Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shoveling snow and ice is exercise.....right?

Sunday we had a blizzard in the morning and by late afternoon it was freezing rain.  At the end of the driveway were 2 days of snow and ice piled up from the snowplows that finally made it to our cul-de-sac.  Snow blower doesn't work with ice, hubby is in therapy for his back, the son in town had plans.  If you don't have a path cleared to your mailbox  the mail carriers don't have to deliver your mail.  Our mailbox is on the front of the house.   I'm expecting an art journal page from a swap with a girl across the state so I went out and tried to chop up ice, shovel ice chunks and, throw it beyond the space I had to clear.  I didn't always make it.  Took me all morning to get a path cleared and part of the end of the driveway and still had a lot more to do.  My back was hurting, I was huffing and puffing and had to keep leaning on the shovel or the ice chopper thingy I was using.  All I could think of was I had fulfilled my exercise for the entire week, possibly into next week.  Fortunately my son brought my grandson over and in a very short time had it all chopped, cleared and even moved one of the downed tree limbs (which I had tried to move but couldn't get it to budge).   Still waiting for the mail to be delivered and there is a possibility that it won't be, because of the roads but at least I got my exercise done for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment