Monday, April 4, 2011

Art in many forms...

Last Thursday for my nephew and his fiancee Kristen's wedding shower on Saturday,  we made mini tiered wedding cakes.  I was the only cake decorater among us so I decorated all 30 wedding cakes.  It was a long day but they turned out pretty good.  There was a luau theme since they were going to Tahiti for their honeymoon so we put flower leis on the cakes.


With the shower completed it was time to start on the Easter baskets for the veterans.  Because of cost I am going to make baskets out of styrofoam cups, decorating the sides.  I worked on them over the weekend, didn't get to art journal at all.


Worked on them every spare minute but only got 30 done.  Already have the grass and plastic eggs.


Only 270+ more to go and 2 weeks to get it done!

just janie

No comments:

Post a Comment