Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hall Art

Thought I'd share some more of my art that I finally hung.....in the hall.  Where no one would see it unless they used.....the pink bathroom.  I don't miss the white walls at all.



The sunflowers was a result from the 2011 In The Sun e-class.  We were dared to do something we always wanted to do but didn't.  I wanted to do a painting with water soluble oil pastels.  I mod podged tissue down for texture which made it harder to blend the pastels.  Oil pastels are messy, you get it on everything and it has to be sealed or it will continue to get on everything.  I varnished it but, just in case I didn't get enough coats on it....be sure not to brush against it on your way to the pink bathroom.  Just sayin....


The only time the hubby and I had a Relay for Life team I painted 2 harbor pictures, one to auction off and one to keep.  I am a breast cancer survivor and wanted to give back to the community.  I loved doing it.  Getting walkers, raising donations, etc.  Walking the survivor lap with other cancer survivors was awesome and the illuminary ceremony was very touching.   Even though it was in July the nights were chilly and I ended up with bronchitis and never had a team since.  I try and go back for the survivor lap each year.


I saw a version of this on The Brave Girls website a while ago.  I'm not happy with it, it's missing something, I just don't know what.  So since I'm not done with it I haven't signed it.  Hung it any way hoping I would know what to do with it, what's missing.  You can see my first and only attempt at space....

My first collage.  Looking through mag after mag and seeing adds for Manolo Blahniks, designer clothes, etc the title came to me.  I even ran across a pic from Sarah Jessica Parker from the movie of the same name but, I think she got covered up.


Metal Plate I painted at many years ago  HOOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment