Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wingard Resort

This past summer I painted a sign for a friends cottage at Sandy Pines.  As always I sketched and experimented for weeks before finding the look I was comfortable with.  She asked for something whimsical but.....


no ideas came to me while sketching of anything whimsical.  Hibiscus flowers did.  Her sister lived with us on Oahu when she first moved to Hawaii until finding a job, apartment, etc.  Because of the Island weather the most amazing things grow in your yard that wouldn't last here in the north. 

Bananas, mangos, avocados, guava, bird of paradise, plumeria, hibiscus....the list goes on and that is when my obsession for the hibiscus first began.   So when my friend wanted 'The Wingard Resort' I automatically thought of the hibiscus flower.


Doesn't every resort have hibiscus bushes?  I pictured this with a spotlight shining on it

so every one could read what it says...
"WELCOME TO THE WINGARD RESORT
EST 2012
PROUDLY SERVING WHATEVER YOU BRING"

No comments:

Post a Comment